CSR Spotlight: STEM in the Classroom
Roux’s New York headquarters hosted a fundraiser to support STEM in the classroom last month. The office collected donations for different platforms on DonorsChoose.org, which provides a forum for teachers to receive funding for various classroom experiences.
In addition to donating, employees wore clothes from their colleges to show off their school spirit and celebrate Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education. In total, the New York office raised $1,000, which was divided between the following STEM-related DonorsChoose projects and proposals:
- Creation through Imagination 3D Printing in Bellerose, NY
- Bee Crazy for Coding (BeeBot) in Floral Park, NY
- Math Manipulatives Make Great Math Mathematicians! (spring scales, stopwatches, pattern blocks, and place value cards) in Jackson Heights, NY
- Coding for Kiddos (Cubetto Coding Toy and Adventure Packs) in Oswego, NY
- STEAM Learning is Essential in Albany, NY
- Make a Move in the Right Direction. Checkmate! (chess sets) in Hempstead, NY
- STEM-ing Out in 4th Grade! in New York, NY
If you’re interested in making a donation, click on one of the links above or browse the classrooms in your area on DonorsChoose.org.