Roux is seeking responsible, self-sufficient, energetic Project Engineer to perform field and office tasks as well as provide project management support for traditional assessment and remediation projects in our Oak Brook, Illinois office. Collaboration with Senior Project Managers and Principals will be required to service clients and complete projects on time and on budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Civil, or Chemical Engineering required. Master’s preferred.
- 3-8 years of relevant experience in the environmental industry with demonstrated progression in technical site investigation/remediation and task management.
- Experience with field characterization and remediation systems.
- Knowledge of remediation equipment, processes, and maintenance.
- Experience with Microsoft suite, databases, and GIS preferred.
- Clean driving record.
- P.E. preferred.
- Field and office management of soil, soil vapor, and groundwater sampling; health and safety monitoring; and remediation implementation.
- Development and management of project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Preparation and review of regulatory and technical reports.
- Client and regulatory agency communications.
- Delegation of project work and training of junior staff.
- Perform site visits and prepare Phase I ESAs, Phase II ESAs, and cost proposals related to both.
- Primary author of Phase I and Phase II reports.
- Able to identify Recognized Environmental Conditions utilizing various historical documentation and environmental databases.
- Ability to lead contractors, coworkers, and other professionals in task management capacity to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Strong written and verbal communications with technical writing experience.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Click here to access our privacy notice to California job applicants regarding the collection of personal information. Job applicants with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-306-2406.