Roux Insurance Update: NJDEP Attachments Available in Site Remediation
To help keep you up to date on current developments, Roux is providing this information to summarize topics pertinent to the insurance industry that you may find useful.
This is a reminder that as of May 2022, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) had announced posting of a DataMiner Report titled “Attachments Available in Site Remediation.” The report allows users to download electronic documents identified as a public record. Currently, over 375,000 electronic documents have been marked as a public record, and the work is ongoing.
Documents available in the report include, but are not limited to:
- Case Inventory Documents;
- Classification Exception Area Approval Letters and Forms;
- Confirmed Discharge Notifications/General Information Notices;
- Groundwater/Soil/Vapor Intrusion Tables;
- Lab Data Packages;
- Milestone reports including Preliminary Assessments, Site Investigation Reports, Remedial Investigation Reports, Remedial Action Reports, Alternate Remediation Standard Forms, Receptor Evaluations, etc.;
- Response Action Outcome Letter and Forms;
- Remedial Timeframe Forms;
- Underground Storage Tank Facility Questionnaires;
- Email communications with the NJDEP; and
- For some sites, the Case History documents are available.
The digitization of NJDEP documents is ongoing and the report is not a substitute for an Open Public Record Act (OPRA) request for older documents. However, this report will significantly reduce the time required to obtain a current snapshot of site conditions and potential remedies. Instead of waiting weeks to receive files from the NJDEP or the insured’s consultant, recently submitted documents are readily available for review. This potentially reduces the time to evaluate a claim and results in a cost saving during the claim review process.
For more information on NJDEP attachments and related inquiries, please contact one of our experts by filling out the form below.