A privately held National Environmental Consulting Firm is seeking an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, Hydrogeologist, or Engineer to assist with environmental litigation project support in our Oakland, California office. Primary duties include providing litigation technical support and assisting in ongoing environmental litigation and settlement activities to determine liability, apportionment, cost allocation, and cost recovery. This role is intended as a professional development path for candidate to become a testifying expert.
- Provide in-depth scientific analyses supporting expert testimony for litigation
- Assist in large document production evaluations
- Evaluate complex technical issues in dispute during litigation
- Support formulating expert opinions for reports, depositions, and trial
- Investigations of private, commercial, and industrial properties
- Interact and coordinate with environmental/legal clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geology, or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of litigation support experience
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Pays close attention to detail
- Organized and has the ability to evaluate/prioritize large amounts of information at once
- Knowledge of bates numbering, advanced file management/tracking
- Field experience under litigation scrutiny
- Experience writing or coauthoring professional publications
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Ideal candidate would have litigation support experience in some of the following areas: source and timing of chemical releases; soil, sediment, soil vapor, and groundwater contaminant fate and transport; necessity and appropriateness of site cleanup costs; equitable allocation among PRPs; risk assessment, data validation, and compliance of response actions with federal and state regulations
- Familiar with NCP/SAP and QAPP process
- Environmental forensics in air, sediment, water, and soil
- Site investigation and characterization, and remediation experience
- Skilled in the areas of review, analysis, and interpretation of scientific data; historical document research; aerial photography interpretation; statistical analysis; and geospatial analysis using Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Familiar with compliance of response actions with federal and state regulations
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Click here to access our privacy notice to California job applicants regarding the collection of personal information. Job applicants with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-306-2406.