Available Position: Business Development Manager (Texas)
Business Development Manager (Texas)
Roux is seeking responsible, self-sufficient, energetic Business Development Manager to identify, develop, and manage a clientele from our office in Houston, Texas by promoting environmental consulting services through prospecting, building client relationships, and excellent customer service. Necessary communication with current and potential clients entails describing the services of the firm, the attributes of our services, the cost/benefit to the client, and the advantages over competing solutions.
- Initiate contact and set up 7-10 sales calls per week to gain opportunities for Roux’s Senior-level and Principal-level technical staff to sell the firm’s services
- Attend sales calls and manage the process to close sales opportunities in a long sales cycle with both current and prospective clients—including Industrial and Petroleum companies, Attorneys, and Real Estate Developers
- Attend networking meetings and functions as needed
- Analyze customer needs and design and implement sales, customer service, and account management processes to acquire and retain accounts
- Under guidance of the Vice President of Business Development, prepare and submit proposals
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Science, or Engineering
- Experience in business-to-business sales, Environmental or Engineering preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills—outgoing, ability to network
- Self-starter, organized, strong work ethic
- Basic computer skills proficiency
- Travel as needed, some overnights
- Excellent driving record
Please note that this is a salaried position, including bonus opportunity, car allowance, and full benefit package with 401K.
To apply to this position please click here or view all available positions.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.