Available Position: Senior Engineer (Northern California)
Senior Engineer (Northern California)
Our Oakland, California office is seeking a candidate with a strong Project Manager skill base and an ability to provide technical direction on site remediation projects. This position requires strong technical and project management skills with an ability to provide direction on site remediation projects. A successful candidate will interact with the client and regulatory agencies. In addition, the successful candidate will supervise and mentor technical staff performing environmental and engineering consulting services for a variety of clients including, but not limited to, Fortune 500 industrial clients, real estate developers, attorneys, petrochemical, and manufacturing companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering. Master’s preferred.
- 8-12 years environmental consulting experience.
- P.E. license preferred.
- Strong project management skills
- Meet client budget and schedule needs
- Communicate with regulatory agencies
- Provide junior staff with training and mentoring opportunities
- Strong data evaluation and analytical skills
- Work with Principals and other senior professionals to scope, cost, plan, and execute due diligence/preliminary assessment, multimedia site/remedial investigation, and remediation projects (may include hydrogeologic assessments, chemical and hydrogeological data evaluation, data visualization, regulatory agency interactions, and reporting)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Relevant and quality work experience
- Regulatory agency experience
- Staff training and mentorship
- Willingness and ability to train junior staff with respect to technical requirements, regulatory programs, writing skills, and verbal communications
- Developing work scopes and budgets to meet client goals and expectations, as well as Roux business objectives
- Directing specific work tasks that fall within your areas of expertise
- Performing senior level interpretation work including remedial cost estimates, future remedial measures selection, and costing
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients and regulatory agency personnel
- Performing conceptual and detailed remedial system design work, treatment process and cost evaluations, facility inspections, and construction management
- Management of projects to ensure that they are completed on time and within budget (scheduling/management of resources)
- Managing field investigation projects
- Conducting environmental site assessments (ESAs) including site reconnaissance, records research, and preparation of Phase I reports
- Supporting the business development efforts of the office by joining office Principals on sales calls and taking a lead role in the preparation of technical proposals
- Mentoring of junior staff
To apply to this position please click here or view all available positions.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Click here to access our privacy notice to California job applicants regarding the collection of personal information. Job applicants with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-306-2406.