Roux has provided environmental services to the petroleum-energy industry since the mid-1980s.
We have successfully completed hundreds of remedial projects across the upstream, midstream, and downstream segments of the industry. We have experience in remediation of all types of products, ranging from crude oil to gasoline.
The Petroleum Industry faces inherent safety hazards at operational petroleum facilities, and corresponding regulatory and public scrutiny. Safety and security are integral to successful Petroleum Industry operations. Roux implements a behavior-based safety (BBS) program and is an active participant in industry safety and compliance networks (NCMS, ISNET World). Personnel undergo background checks required for work in high security areas and we routinely work under the permit requirements of active refinery and terminal facilities. Throughout our years of service in the industry, Roux has received multiple major oil company awards recognizing our flawless safety performance and effective implementation of BBS programs.
Roux has practical experience in the evaluation and implementation of various new and/or innovative in situ technologies for remediation of petroleum impacted sites, including: chemical oxidation, enhanced bioremediation, natural source zone depletion, and surfactant flooding, among others. There are many ways to remediate petroleum contamination. In most cases, the correct approach is based upon a number of factors, such as the type and amount of contamination, site conditions such as subsurface geology and hydrogeology, along with work schedule accommodation and the need to minimize impacts to site business operations. Our combination of scientific expertise and practical hands-on experience result in cost-effective solutions tailored to meet our clients' objectives.
Site Assessment and Remediation
- Property Transfer/Due Diligence
- Innovative Site Characterization
- Vapor Intrusion Assessment and Mitigation
- Risk Assessments
- NAPL, Groundwater and Soil Remediation
- Wetlands and Sediments
- Innovative In Situ Treatment Technologies
- Remedial Alternatives Analysis, Design, Construction and O&M
- Integration of Site Remediation with Redevelopment Activities
Litigation Support and Expert Witness Services
- Environmental Forensics
- Source Identification
- Release Timing
- Hydrogeology/Contaminant Fate and Transport
- Remediation Cost Evaluations and Cost Allocations
- Stormwater/Wastewater Solutions
- Contingency and Compliance Plans
- Permitting – Air, Water, Land Use
- UST Management
Project Management/Portfolio Management
- Strategic Planning
- Contractor/Consultant Review and Oversight
- Onsite Management Personnel
- Regulatory Advocacy