Roux Associates has supported more than 45 national, international and regional insurance carriers in their efforts to fairly evaluate costs and liabilities related to environmental investigations and remediation activities due to claims brought by their insureds.
Our experience in performing environmental investigations and clean-ups for both Fortune 100 clients and independently owned companies provides us an informed basis to evaluate environmental costs. We use the experience and knowledge we gain from competitively bidding these projects to fully understand the cost implications associated with an environmental insurance claim. Our staff is highly qualified, having the knowledge of the insurance, financial, and environmental issues that exist for a complex claim.
Our ongoing work at contaminated properties throughout the U.S. and internationally provides us with valuable, front-line knowledge regarding clean-up trends and technologies. All our environmental consulting work, whether for a major oil company, small business or insurance carrier, is focused on one goal: obtain regulatory closure for the site as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
As a result of this thinking, more than 25 policyholders have hired Roux as their own consultant after we reviewed data submitted as part of a claim. These policyholders, as well as their insurance carriers, recognized the quality of our service. Our areas of service to insurance carriers include:
- Since 1997, Roux has been providing national, international and regional insurance carriers and their outside counsel with technical environmental support as they settle and resolve claims for environmental contamination of both owned and non-owned properties.
- Roux supports the insurance industry with underwriting and loss control expertise for various pollution policies.
- Roux's oversight services focus on interlocked aspects of an environmental projects: Project strategy and quality, and project costs.
- For our insurance carrier clients and their policy holders, Roux has "taken-over" remediation projects where either remediation costs have spun out of control or previously submitted remediation plans have been rejected by environmental regulators.
- Roux has provided expert witness services for our insurance clients for over 20 years. Our experts have testified at trial and dispute resolution hearings across the country and internationally. We have provided opinions on issues related to damages, fate and transport, and historical knowledge.
- Roux has been retained by U.S. and international insurance carriers to provide incident investigation and cost containment services related to oil spills and other environmental releases. We provide cost analysis and have served as an expert witness in both domestic and international litigation and dispute resolution proceedings.