Roux, a privately-held, national consulting firm ranked in ENR’s Top Environmental Firms and headquartered in Long Island, New York, is seeking a motivated individual to join our firm as a Talent Acquisition Manager. The Talent Acquisition Manager will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract qualified talent for the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the talent acquisition process.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to develop job descriptions and hiring criteria for qualified candidates.
- Facilitates contacts by creating and maintaining a presence in the environmental consulting industry community and marketplace.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the role, industry standards, and the needs of the firm.
- Drafts recruitment advertisements and posts ads in the most effective media for open positions.
- Identifies appropriate candidates and assesses their qualifications through review of their resumes, interviews, and other forms of communication.
- Maintains contact with candidates to keep them apprised of the status of their applications and possible future opportunities.
- Schedules interviews and participates in the interview process; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials; and advises interview teams on proper evaluation and selection techniques.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies, advising others involved in the hiring process on their obligations and best practices.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Collaborates with hiring managers and other human resources staff to ensure new talent is effectively on-boarded and assimilated into the firm.
- Mentors junior Human Resources staff on recruiting best practices and guides work as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical, human resources, or business field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience consisting of recruiting, human resources, or sales experience, of which 5 years must be direct recruiting experience.
- Experience recruiting in the environmental consulting industry or recruiting technical talent strongly preferred.
- Experience supervising or leading project teams preferred.
Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- High comfort level and ability using contemporary electronic sourcing methods, to include active social media engagement with prospective candidates and the use of social media to promote employer brand.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with federal and state laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with effective behavioral-based interviewing techniques and knowledgeable in screening tool best practices and products.
- Ability to create and evaluate recruitment metrics to determine measures of success and improvements to recruiting strategy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient with, or the ability to quickly learn, applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
Additional Job Criteria
- Must be able to travel extensively in the Northeast region and occasionally nationally on recruiting assignments.
- Must be able to work effectively with virtual teams and utilize tools for collaborating with candidates and stakeholders remotely based on the firm’s multi-state operation.
- Preference for candidate to work in the Islandia, New York headquarters office as the primary work location.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.