Our Southern California office is seeking experienced, responsible, self-sufficient, motivated, energetic Staff Engineers to work on environmental investigation and remediation projects. Candidates should be prepared for 25% to 50% field work during their initial two years, and further professional growth in areas such as site investigation, assessment of remedial alternatives, management of investigative and engineering tasks, conceptual plans, and client/regulatory personnel interaction. The ideal candidate will be motivated to continue to develop and build their personal knowledge and skills to assist with the growth and success of the office. Excellent teamwork and organizational skills are required. We offer a friendly, professional atmosphere with excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
Candidate Qualifications/Certifications (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering; Master’s a plus
- 1 to 3 years environmental consulting experience in Southern California
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-Hour Training Course Certification, with 8-Hour Refresher Courses
- On track for a professional license
- CAD and GIS skills a plus
Position Requirements (Preferred)
- Supervise drilling, soil sampling/classification, soil vapor probe, groundwater well installation, and pilot studies
- Oversight of subcontractors (investigation, pilot studies, and remedy construction)
- Coordination with environmental analytical laboratories
- Environmental sampling of soil, soil vapor, indoor air, and groundwater
- Health and safety monitoring
- Assist with cost estimating and task management as required by the Project Manager
- Assist with data analysis and report preparation activities
- Prepare engineering drawings, specifications, and scopes of work for construction
- Perform and check engineering calculations
- Assist with design of remediation processes and systems
- Assist with evaluation/optimization of existing remediation systems
- Assist with site remediation system operation and maintenance activities
- Complete file reviews, site reconnaissance, and Phase I environmental site assessment reports
- Collaborate with the Office Manager and staff to service clients and complete projects on time and on budget
To apply to this position please click here or view all available positions.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.