Roux is seeking responsible, self-sufficient, energetic Senior Engineer, Geologist, or Hydrogeologist to work out of our Long Beach, California office. This position requires a strong Project Management skill base with an ability to provide technical direction on site assessment and remediation projects. A successful candidate will have considerable experience interacting with clients and regulatory agencies. In addition, a successful candidate will supervise technical staff in performing environmental and engineering consulting services for a variety of clients, including, but not limited to, Fortune 500 industrial clients, real estate developers, attorneys, and petrochemical companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Civil, or Chemical Engineering OR Geology, Hydrogeology, or Earth Sciences required. Master’s preferred.
- 10+ years environmental consulting experience.
- California P.E. or P.G. preferred.
- Absent a license, a minimum requirement is 5+ years working under a California-licensed Professional Engineer or Geologist, and demonstration that candidate is on a track for attaining the California-appropriate professional license.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Strong data evaluation and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience interacting with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Staff training and mentorship – Willingness and ability to train and mentor junior staff with respect to technical requirements, regulatory programs, writing skills, and verbal communications.
Essential Duties – Commensurate with Technical Degree
- Developing work scopes and budgets to meet client goals and expectations, as well as Roux business objectives.
- Directing specific work tasks that fall within your area(s) of expertise.
- Performing senior level interpretation work, including site investigation/remedial cost estimates, future remedial measures selection, and costing.
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients and regulatory agency personnel.
- Performing conceptual and detailed remedial system design work, treatment process and cost evaluations, facility inspections, and construction management.
- Managing projects to ensure that they are completed on time and within budget (scheduling/management of resources).
- Strategizing, planning, and managing field investigation projects.
- Supervising Phase I Environmental Site Assessments.
- Supporting business development efforts of the office by joining office Principals on sales calls, and by taking a lead role preparing technical proposals.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.