Roux has an immediate opening in Islandia, New York for an environmental professional with strong skills in real estate due diligence and site investigation. The ideal candidate will have BS or MS in an environmentally-related field with a minimum of 3-8 years’ experience completing Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) and Phase II Subsurface Investigations. A successful candidate will be familiar with ASTM Standards for Phase I ESAs. Must be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously with strict deliverable deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Environmental discipline. Master’s preferred.
- 3-8 years of relevant experience in the environmental industry. Specific experience with Phase I Site ESAs and Phase II ESAs required. A demonstrated progression in technical site investigation/remediation and task management preferred.
- Able to identify Recognized Environmental Conditions utilizing various historical documentation and environmental databases.
- Ability to lead contractors, coworkers, and other professionals in task management capacity to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Strong written and verbal communications with technical writing experience.
- Professional license or certification preferred (P.E., P.G., etc.).
- Perform site visits and prepare Phase I ESAs, Phase II ESAs, and cost proposals related to both.
- Primary author of Phase I and Phase II reports.
- Field and office management of soil, soil vapor, and groundwater sampling.
- Development and management of project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Preparation and review of regulatory and technical reports.
- Client service and regulatory agency communications.
- Delegation of project work and training of junior staff.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.