Our office in Islandia, New York is looking to add a GIS Analyst Intern to manage environmental, chemical, and engineering data for analyses and for the evaluation, generation, and presentation of data in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). The intern position is for students who are still in school working toward a degree or certificate in GIS. The length of this internship is flexible, lasting 3 to 6 months with the potential for full-time employment at completion. The role is office-based, and the schedule is relatively flexible. Specific scheduling and hours requirements will be discussed with management prior to hire. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, those outlined below.
- ArcGIS and other Arc products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of online sources of public GIS-compatible data
- Experience with data analysis methods, visualization, and reporting
- Utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and associated software to produce, display, and analyze geographic information
- Create, organize, manipulate, and retrieve GIS data for reporting, analysis, and presentation purposes
- GIS data interpretation and analysis
- Data creation, conversion, and editing
- Perform quality assurance of GIS data and associated graphic components
- Analyze topographic, environmental, demographic, and land use data using ArcGIS to support project decisions
- Current enrollment in a 4-year program toward GIS or a GIS certification program
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.