Roux, a privately-held, national consulting firm ranked in ENR’s Top 100 Environmental Firms, is seeking a responsible, energetic Environmental Technician for the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of several remediation systems at our project site in East Providence, Rhode Island. We offer a friendly, professional atmosphere with excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
Primary responsibilities will involve performing a range of environmental technician assignments while working with a team of technicians and receiving close supervision. Work hours are normally 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM Monday through Friday, although weekend response to system alarm may be required. Company vehicle will be provided.
- Previous sampling experience, familiarity with remediation equipment, processes, and maintenance
- Experience working in the field and around contractors
- Experience with working on piping, pumps, blowers, and motors
- HAZWOPER certification
- Waste Water Treatment licensure
- Note: Roux will arrange for and pay for required employee training including the 40-hour HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response) training per 29 CFR 1910.120.
- O&M of various remediation water treatment systems, including O&M of a 600 GPM (design flow rate) water treatment plant
- Understanding environmental and health & safety regulations and performing work in a compliant manner with the regulations and facility safety requirements for all field work
- Inspecting system equipment to evaluate remedial system performance and identify potential malfunctions
- Performing maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance (requires weekend response to system alarm)
- Collecting samples from monitoring wells and system water and vapor samples
- Collecting, recording, and evaluating system performance data
- Assisting project managers with the procurement of equipment and supplies
- General office assistance such as filling out log books and submitting reports
- Oversight and supervision of subcontractors involved in environmental protection and monitoring system maintenance and repairs
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.