Our office in Islandia, New York is seeking a Data Analyst with 0 to 3 years of experience. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in data management and analytics. The Data Analyst will be responsible for managing environmental, chemical, and engineering data.
- Import and query large data sets, examine data, and filter for targeted information.
- Develop and utilize data validation tools in Excel, Access, and SQL to identify data quality issues.
- Collect and configure large data sets to meet project specifications.
- Implement, configure, and test commercial off-the-shelf data management related software to meet project specifications.
- Provide technical support to field sampling teams and act as a liaison between the project staff, analytical laboratory, and data validators.
- Provide reporting support by generating and formatting tables, charts, and graphs.
- Research state and federal regulations necessary to manage action levels or clean-up criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field required.
- 0-3 years of experience in the environmental field with emphasis on environmental data management.
- Experience with enterprise database software: EarthSoft EQuIS, SQL Server, and Access.
- Proficiency using Excel to manipulate and organize data sets for import into a database and for final reporting.
- Programming knowledge, experience with Tableau, and/or knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities.
- High initiative, good interpersonal skills, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure within tight schedules.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.