This position requires a talented individual to identify, develop, and manage a clientele based in the Tri-State territory by promoting environmental consulting services through prospecting, building client relationships, and excellent customer service. Communication with current and potential clients will be to describe the services of the firm, the attributes of the service, the cost/benefit to the client, and the advantages over competing solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or a Science discipline (Environmental Science, Geology, or Engineering preferred).
- 3-10 years’ experience in business-to-business sales (environmental consulting preferred).
- Travel as need, with occasional overnight stays required.
- Self-starter, organized, with a strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills: outgoing, networking ability.
- Clean driving record.
- Initiate contact and set up 7-10 sales calls per week to gain opportunities for Roux’s Senior and Principal level technical staff to sell the firm’s services.
- Attend sales calls and manage the process to close sales opportunities in a long sales cycle with both current and prospective clients (Industrial and Petroleum companies, Attorneys, Real Estate Developers, etc.).
- Attend networking meetings and functions as needed.
- Analyze customer needs. Design and implement sales, customer service, and account management processes to acquire and retain accounts.
- Support the preparation and submittal of proposals in cooperation with technical staff.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.