Our office in Islandia, New York is seeking responsible, self-sufficient, energetic entry-level engineers to work on projects related to the investigation and environmental remediation of industrial and commercial sites. Candidates should be prepared for professional growth into areas such as assessment of remedial alternatives, and management of various investigative and engineering tasks, conceptual plans, and regulatory interaction. The ideal candidate will be motivated to develop and build their personal knowledge and skills to assist with the growth and success of the firm. Excellent teamwork and organizational skills are required. We offer a friendly, professional atmosphere with excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
- 60% to 80% field work during the first two years
- Support the office project work and collaborate with the Office Manager and staff to service clients and complete projects on time and on budget
- Assist with site investigation, analysis, and report preparation activities
- Assist with site remediation system operations and maintenance activities
- Environmental sampling of soil, soil vapor, and groundwater
- Health and safety monitoring
- Design and construction inspection of remediation processes and systems
- Evaluation and optimization of existing remediation systems
- Oversight of remediation and construction subcontractors
- Review of field data and preparation of data evaluation reports
- Assist with cost estimating, report preparation, and task management as required by the project manager
- Perform and check engineering calculations
- Prepare engineering drawings, specifications, and scopes of work for construction
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s preferred
- Environmental, Civil, or Chemical Engineering
Desired Job Experience
- 0 – 3 years environmental consulting experience
- Previous sampling experience
- Familiarity with remediation equipment, processes, and maintenance
- Motivated to produce quality work on budget and on schedule
- Strong written and verbal communication with technical writing experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. and Access
- Experience with databases and GIS preferred
- Valid driver’s license (no DUI/DWIs)
- FE/EIT registration preferred
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training
Roux encourages all of our engineers to work toward and obtain a P.E. license. We will fully support their efforts to accomplish this, including helping with gaining the necessary experience, reimbursement of approved expenses, and paid time off to take the exam.
To apply to this position please click here or view all available positions.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.