Mr. Tyers has over thirty years of professional and environmental consulting experience. His technical specialties include groundwater and soil contamination investigation and remediation at underground storage tank (UST) sites, retail gasoline service stations, chlorinated solvent sites, dry cleaning facilities, and commercial/industrial properties. Environmental insurance claim support includes source and timing evaluations, forensic investigations, damage assessments, cost allocations, reviews and estimating, and litigation support.
- Consulting expert for insurance carriers with respect to dozens of commercial and industrial sites nationwide. Provided expert reports and assisted in settlement negotiations. Provided independent estimates of future costs and opinions on the appropriateness of past expenditures.
- Conducted site investigations at more than 100 retail petroleum service stations and commercial UST spill sites. Managed implementation remedial technologies including of soil vapor extraction (SVE), air sparging, chemical oxidation, and natural attenuation monitoring.
- Evaluation of environmental damages arising from the operations of dry cleaning facilities, retail gasoline stations, and residential fuel tank releases. Issues include evaluation of technical issues associated with chlorinated solvents, petroleum hydrocarbons, and polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in soil and groundwater.
- Principal-in-Charge of an investigation and remediation project in a complex bedrock setting, involving gasoline and fuel-oil contamination at New Jersey site.
- Evaluated environmental damages arising from a release of hydraulic fluid from an electric power transmission line.
Representative Expert Retention
- Bill Wolf Petroleum Corp. v. Laretco Company, Inc., Larry E. Tyree Co., Inc., et al.; Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Nassau; Index No. 15168/11.