- Vice President
- Principal Hydrogeologist
Daniel Sullivan is a Vice president and Principal Hydrogeologist with Roux Associates, Inc. He has more than 30 years of experience planning and implementing site investigation and site remediation projects. In addition, Mr. Sullivan has planned, managed and implemented property transfer evaluations, contaminant fate and transport evaluations, environmental impact assessments, and natural resource damage evaluations.
Mr. Sullivan has been an expert witness and testified more than 25 times regarding sources of contaminants, timing of releases, migration and extent of contaminant impacts, environmental response cost allocation, natural resource damages, reasonableness of past and proposed environmental response actions and costs, and compliance with the NCP.
- Managed spill response service programs for multiple insurance carriers.
- Program Director for U.S. Army Environmental Center contract for Environmental Project and Services Program. Under this contract, Mr. Sullivan managed and implemented multiple RI/FS and remediation projects at military bases in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Site Investigation and Remediation: Project manager for industrial and UST site projects as they move through investigation to remediation. Implemented various remediation techniques and coordinated activities with state and Federal regulators.
- Environmental Cost Analysis and Value Engineering: Evaluated proposed environmental response costs at more than 1,000 sites nationwide with goal of identifying potential cost savings through implementation of more cost-effective strategies.
- USEPA RCRA and CERCLA Enforcement: As an EPA enforcement official, performed multi-media enforcement inspections at commercial hazardous waste disposal sites in the south, Midwest, west coast, and Hawaii. Acted as EPA HQ CERCLA enforcement coordinator for Region IX, managing and coordinating CERCLA enforcement actions at various Superfund sites in CA, AZ, NV and HI. Worked with attorneys at USEPA and Department of Justice in settling technical aspects of enforcement actions.
Representative Expert Appearances
- John Johnson, et al. v. Orleans Parish School Board, et al. – Class Action Phases I and II; Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans; New Orleans, Louisiana; Case No. 93-14333.
- New York Department of Environmental Conservation v. Kirkwood Heating Oil, Inc.; New York Environmental Protection and Spill Compensation Fund Damage Claim No. 543 – Town of Richmond, NY
- Fairfax Arnold, LLC v. Southern Maryland Oil, Inc.; Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, Maryland; Case No. 02-C-10-148798 NG.
- Southern Indiana Gas & Electric Co. v. Admiral Insurance Co., et al.; Marion Superior Court, County of Marion, Indiana; Cause No. 49D05-0411-PL-2265.
- Hartford Accident and Indemnity Company, et al, v. The Doe Run Resources Corporation; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, Eastern Division; Case 4:08-cv-01687
- City of Indianapolis v. Ertel Manufacturing Corporation, et al.; Marion Superior Court No. 12; Marion County, Indiana; Cause No 49F12 0807 PL033638.
- Deer Park Enterprises, LLC v. AIL Systems, Inc.; Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Nassau; Index No. 010910/05.
- Penndel Service Center v. Environmental Consulting, Inc., et al.; Court of Common Pleas, Bucks County, Pennsylvania; Case No. 2000 07704.
- Hobart Brothers Company v. National Union Fire Insurance Company; Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Essex County, Case No. L-8356-97.