Our Southern California office is seeking responsible, self-sufficient, energetic entry-level engineers to work on projects related to investigation and environmental remediation of industrial and commercial sites. Candidates should be prepared for professional growth into areas such as assessment of remedial alternatives, management of various investigative and engineering tasks, conceptual plans, and regulatory interaction. The ideal candidate will be motivated to develop and build their personal knowledge and skills to assist with the growth and success of the office. Excellent teamwork and organizational skills are required. We offer a friendly, professional atmosphere with excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering. Master’s preferred.
- 0-3 years environmental consulting experience
- Environmental sampling of soil, soil vapor, and groundwater
- Health and safety monitoring
- Design and construction inspection of remediation processes and systems
- Evaluation and optimization of existing remediation systems
- Oversight of remediation and construction subcontractors
- Review of field data and preparation of data evaluation reports
- Assist with cost estimating, report preparation, and task management as required by the Project Manager
- Perform and check engineering calculations
- Prepare engineering drawings, specifications, and scopes of work for construction
- 25% – 50% field work during approximately first two years
- Support the office project work and collaborate with the Office Manager and staff to service clients and complete projects on time and on budget
- Assistance with site investigation, analysis, and report preparation activities
- Assistance with site remediation systems operations and maintenance activities
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.