Our fall recruiting season continues with more career fairs all over the US. Read about some of next week’s fairs below and click the links to learn more:
Tuesday, September 25
- Bucknell’s Employer Expo – The annual Employer Expo offers a wonderful opportunity for Bucknell students to meet with employers and learn about possible career and internship opportunities. On average over 550 students and 100 employers participate in this event.
Wednesday, September 26
- CEE at Illinois Job Fair – Hosted twice a year in the Newmark Lab Crane Bay, the CEE job fair brings company recruiters, many of them CEE alumni, to campus and offers students the opportunity to find internships and full-time positions.
- California State University, Long Beach Engineering & Technology Career Fair – This career fair targets recruitment of full-time, part-time, and paid internship opportunities in Engineering and Technology.
- UConn STEM Career Fair – Engage with 100+ employers recruiting students from Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math-related majors for nationwide job opportunities. Make sure to dress to impress and bring multiple copies of your resume.
Wednesday, September 26 – Friday, September 28 Each year, the National Forum for Environmental & Toxic Tort Issues (FETTI) hosts a world-class seminar on a broad range of environmental issues with nationally recognized speakers in Chicago, Illinois. At the seminar, experts in their fields offer programs regarding environmental and toxic tort issues.
The FETTI Conference provides Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for insurance claims handlers, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits for attorneys, and networking opportunities for vendors.
On Thursday, September 27, Roux’s Peter Kelso, Principal of our Economic & Complex Analytics practice, will be speaking on the topic of “Opioid Litigation – Current Development, Status, Strategies and Predictions.” The discussion takes place from 3:30-4:15pm, along with input from Edward Abbot of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young, LLP and Anissa Mediger of Briggs & Morgan.
For more information and registration, click here.
In addition to Villanova’s 2018 Fall Career Fair on Wednesday, check out some of the fairs Roux will be recruiting at this week:
Thursday, September 13
- 2018 Fall Career Expo at Lehigh – This is Lehigh’s 29th annual Fall Career Expo; last year over 140 companies and 1,800 students attended this kick off to recruiting event. This event also encompasses a Graduate Student Showcase, which gives employers the opportunity to meet with Lehigh Masters and Ph.D. level students exclusively.
- University of Delaware’s Engineering, Science, & Technology Fall Career & Internship Fair – The University of Delaware will be hosting two career fairs in one day, one for all majors and one for students studying Engineering, Science, and Technology. This fair features 200+ employers hiring students for full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities across an array of industries, disciplines, and majors.
- Penn State’s Fall Career Days – Taking place during a week full of career fairs, Penn State is holding their Technical Full-Time Career Fair on Thursday. This fair will focus heavily on jobs related to consulting, earth sciences, engineering, research, surveying, and various other scientific disciplines.
Friday, September 14
- Stony Brook’s Engineering Job & Internship Fair – During their month of recruiting fairs, Stony Brook will be hosting their Engineering Job & Internship Fair on Friday. The Career Center hosts multiple job fairs each semester to provide employers ample opportunity to access Stony Brook students.
We look forward to meeting you! For more information on these fairs, click on the links above.
Wednesday, September 12 To kick off this year’s fall recruiting season, Roux will be attending Villanova University‘s Fall 2018 Career Fair, their largest recruiting event of the year with more than 1,800 students and alumni of all years and majors attending. This event typically draws more than 175 employers from a variety of industries who seek interns, full-time candidates, volunteers, and leadership program candidates.
Students and alumni have landed their next opportunity at this fair year after year. Click here for more information and tips on how you can prepare for the fair, or view on Handshake.
Thursday, September 13 Roux is proud to sponsor a San Francisco-area happy hour event hosted by the ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources (SEER), Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP, and Ramboll. Attorneys at all levels of practice will be there, allowing attendees to catch up with colleagues and meet new friends in the environmental, energy, and resources law area. Drinks and light appetizers will be served.
The event’s featured guests, Scott Warner of Ramboll and John A. Coleman of Bay Planning Coalition, will provide a brief introduction at 6:00 p.m. Warner is Membership Vice Chair of the SEER Water Resources Committee and Coleman is Executive Director of Bay Planning Coalition.
For more information, please click here.
Friday, September 7 This year marks the Chicagoland 9th Annual Retail & Mixed-Use Summit, part of the Midwest CRE Conference Series, where Michael Hillebrenner, P.E., CPESC, Principal Engineer from our Oak Brook, Illinois office will be speaking.
The conference agenda includes two panels on “Retail & Mixed-Use State of the Market” and “Development, Design, Construction, and Management Trends in Retail & Mixed-Use.” Michael Hillebrenner will be speaking in the second moderated panel, discussing the types of environmental challenges that arise during the pre-construction phase of a redevelopment project.
For registration and additional information, please click here.